KARAM is India’s leading Personal Protective Equipment Manufacturing enterprise and is rated as one of the finest Indian companies providing world-class PPE. KARAM ranks as the number one Company in the field of Personal Safety in the country, and as one of the top ten Fall Protection manufacturing companies in the World. Our product range includes Personal Protective Equipment like safety helmets, safety eyewear, hearing protection, face protection, hand protection, protective workwear, safety shoes, and a vast range of Fall Protection Equipment. Besides these, engineered safety solutions like anchorage systems, specialized rope access, evacuation and rescue products, and confined space entry egress systems also form a part of KARAM’s Product Portfolio.
KARAM Training and Consultancy is a specialized wing created for providing training and safety consultancy in the field of work-at-height in India. For more information Click Here..
Our Competitive Edge
The main competitive advantage for KARAM is its completely backward integrated manufacturing facilities where the only raw material is yarn and steel
Highest levels of customization in product and service to suit not only the customer need but also achieve maximum customer delight.
A dedicated Research and Development team solely focusing on incremental as well as radical innovation forms a key source of competitive advantage for KARAM.
More than 3300+ members of highly motivated and result oriented individuals across the globe are the backbone of KARAM. Each of who show exemplary levels of commitment both in Operations and Marketing.
More than 70 percent of the products are manufactured under Six Sigma and all our products are tested and certified to different norms like American, Australian, Canadian, European, Singapore and also Indian Standards.
Driven by Growth
KARAM has set a benchmark in the world of safety for the past 20 years.
We always strive to grow at a faster rate every year.
Be it adding new products in the existing range or introducing a new range of products altogether.
Manufacturing Set-Up at KARAM
KARAM has a strong manufacturing set-up, equipped with the finest and latest technology driven machinery. All systems and processes are assessed by SGS UK, and registered to ISO 9001-2015.
Located in the outskirts of the city of Lucknow, about 500kms to the South-East of New Delhi, the Factory is spread over a span of more than 23 acres. A Unit where all the products are manufactured completely in-house is entirely vertically integrated, and hence is unique in its kind. All the components of the Fall Protection range of KARAM products are produced within one large campus, and yarn and steel are credited as being the only main raw materials for the same. The idea is to have complete control over the finest details of manufacturing to reach the highest levels of quality standards. The Metal operations involved are extensive, covering all aspects of manufacturing on CNC machines and include as follows:
SITARGANJ (UTTARAKHAND) UNIT
This manufacturing set-up is located in the foothills of the Himalayan range, in the small township of Sitarganj, Uttarakhand, India. Spanning a huge area of more than 20 acres, and equipped with the finest technology in Injection Molding, Shoe Molding and Harness manufacturing, this Factory works in an extremely organized manner to fulfill the demands of the market. The operations here include:
- Injection Molding- furnished with a range of technology driven machinery, and using only virgin material for molding of components of quality safety products.
- Shoe manufacturing- encompassing all operations, right from cutting of uppers, automatic stitching of uppers, molding of sole (on Desma machine) and finishing of the best-designed Safety Shoes in the market.
- Safety Eyewear Manufacturing- includes molding of the finest quality of lenses, and a super-specialized process for imparting anti-scratch and anti-fog properties.
- Manufacturing of Ear Protection equipment.
- Harness manufacturing: covering all aspects of manufacturing, right from webbing manufacturing, rope manufacturing and final assembly of product.
- Manufacturing of Fixed Line Systems: through a dedicated stream of highly technical operations and assembly lines.
- In 2018 we also introduced a new product range of Hand Protection including cut resistant and chemical resistant Gloves.
- We also introduced Protective Workwear as a new definition of workwear safety in the country.
The Unit has a unique distinction of achieving the highest standards in quality output that includes IS, DGMS and EN, and focuses on continual improvement in all fields of manufacturing. Also accredited with the ISO 9001:2015 Certification, the unit is committed to provide excellence in products to the valued customers of KARAM.